Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bookstores in Grey-Bruce County, Ontario

A couple of weekends ago, on a glorious, sunny, Fall day, I took a drive around the Grey County in search of small, independent bookstores. Sadly, with the advent of mega-stores, there are fewer and fewer independent stores left in the market. The following are the photos of the stores:

This bookstore in on Hwy #6 in the town of Clavering (Bruce County). It has been around for awhile because I remember seeing in many years ago. I had originally put down the name of Chatsworth by mistake. Someone was kind enough to email me to correct that information, thanks. Also, she said the rooms upnstairs are said to be haunted.

The Phoenix Books is located at 980 2nd Ave. in downtown Owen Sound. There used to be another bookstore not too far from Phoenix but it has been closed recently.


The Pontypridd is located on the main street of the town of Durham. It is named after a town in Wales. I had a nice chat with the owner, talking about the love of books.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in the clavering book store I didn’t know my bedroom was haunted

9:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home